Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Don't let the Instruction frighten you, it's super simple and super delicious!
“This recipe for zucchini fritters is the perfect snack for when you’re craving some fried goodness but worried about the calories!”
Original Recipe Author
Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and all-around rich, these zucchini fritters make for a delicious snack or side dish to be enjoyed by the whole family.
They’re oven-baked for a guilt-free crunchy and potatoey feast. Not to mention, these flavorful fritters are packed with nutrients from veggies to boost their healthy score!
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Why this Zucchini Fritters Recipe is A MUST-try:
Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Don't let the Instruction frighten you, it's super simple and super delicious!Rate
- 3 potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 zucchinis (unpeeled)
- 2-3 carrots
- 3 eggs
- 2 handfuls of breadcrumbs
- ½ bushel of fresh parsley (leaves and stalks)
- ½ bushel of fresh cilantro (leaves and stalks)
- ¾ tsp. coarse black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½-¾ tsp. turmeric (or to taste)
- Sour cream dip:
- 7 oz. full-fat sour cream (200 ml)
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Scallions (finely chopped (replaceable with chopped dill, minced garlic, chives, and more))
- Salt (to taste)
- Lemon juice
- Garlic cloves
- Raw tahini
- 1 tsp. hot pepper dip
- 1 tsp. Amba dip
- Using a grater or food processor with a grating attachment, cut all the vegetables roughly.
- Transfer the cut vegetables into a bowl and mix them well. If you find chunks that weren’t grated well, manually chop them using the grater or put them back in the food processor and do a couple of pulses.
- Transfer all the greens to the food processor with the metal blade attachment to grind them.
- Transfer the pulse-processed greens to a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs along with the spices and add the mixture to the vegetables’ bowl.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix well using a spoon or your hands.
- Strain the mixture by tilting the bowl over the sink to get rid of excess liquid.
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Shaping the fritters:
- Grab 2 baking pans and line them with parchment paper then brush with oil.
- Use 2 spoons to scoop the vegetable mix onto the baking pans. When scooping the vegetable mixture out of the bowl, press the full spoon against the inner wall of the bowl to remove any remaining liquid.
- Round each scoop to create the fritters’ shape (they don’t have to be perfect circles).
- Fill up the baking pans with fritters, leaving small gaps between the fritter discs. If there’s still some liquid in the pan, soak it up with a paper towel.
- Brush the fritters with olive oil, or spray them with cooking spray.
- Place the pans in the oven until the fritters are golden brown.
- Flip the fritters over so the other side browns as well.
- Remove the fritters carefully from the pan so they don’t fall apart.
Sour cream dip:
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients well until smooth.
- Keep it in the fridge until the fritters are ready or serve it unchilled.
- In a food processor with a metal blade attachment, mix all ingredients well. The amounts of ingredients weren’t specified on purpose, so you can tweak them to your desired consistency and taste.
- Divide the dip over 2 small bowls.
- Add a teaspoon of hot pepper dip in one of the bowls, and add a teaspoon of Amba dip in the other.
- You can make these zucchini fritters a few hours ahead of meal time and then heat them up in an oven or an air fryer a few minutes before serving.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?We’d love to know how it turned out! Please let us know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag us @sharethecook
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Zucchini Fritters Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!
Leave a Reply