“Excellent potato and carrot patties Insanely crispy with perfect flavor“
Original Recipe Author
Although they look like hash browns, they are not. Latkes are also known as potato pancakes. They are traditionally served alongside brisket and sour cream or apple sauce on the first night of Hanukkah. They also make for a great side dish.
These are the most amazing potato Latkes Recipe that you will ever make. They have maddening crispiness with perfect flavor. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Their delicious outer shell perfectly combines the flavors of the various ingredients and spices.
This recipe is a must-try! It steals the show on the dinner table every single time. It will make your day, evening, or your Hanukkah eve. It is an absolute delicacy that you will not want to stop making.
Why this Crispy Carrot AND POTATO Latkes Recipe is A MUST-try:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE CARROTS AND POTATO LATKES RECIPE
- Potatoes – Medium to large size are the best as they are easier to grate
- Onions – You can use red or white onions
- Green onion – They add flavor to the latkes
- Carrots – They add sweetness and color to the recipe
- Garlic cloves – Improve the flavor
- Sesame seeds – Add structure and flavor
- Bread crumbs – Give the patties structure
- Eggs – Hold the ingredients together
- Black pepper, turmeric, and cumin – Improve the flavor and taste
- Salt – to taste
“I’ve been preparing them for years and also add zucchini and coriander. It comes out delicious, and the grandchildren are crazy; they eat straight when it’s hot. Best of luck to all of you.”
Crispy Carrot and Potato Latkes Recipe
- 3 Potatoes (medium)
- 2 Onions (Large)
- 5 Green onion (stalks, chopped)
- 3 Carrots (medium)
- 4-5 Garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp Bread crumbs
- 5 Eggs (L)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- Black pepper
- Grate the potatoes, onion, and carrots with a coarse grater into a bowl.
- Next, sprinkle salt over them, and mix all the ingredients.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to allow them to secrete any excess liquid.
- Afterward, squeeze the ingredients properly to extract leftover liquid.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the potatoes, onion, and carrots mixture.
- Once again, mix all the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Divide the mixture into small patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. To confirm that the oil is adequately heated, put a piece of bread into the oil. It should turn golden brown before you count to 10.
- Fry the patties in batches in the oil on both sides. You can also bake your potato carrot latke in a preheated oven at 350F (175C) for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle some parsley leaves over the top of your latke and serve while hot.
your time to shine
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This carrot potato latkes recipe is a part of our Sides Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!