“A hand-mixed cake topped with walnuts and caramel, spongy, moist and delicious, with no sugar and gluten.”
Original Recipe Author
So, you thought tahini was just for dipping your chicken and meat and making mouthwatering sandwiches? If so, we can’t really blame you!
However, it’s time you discover its other hidden talents, including how it makes this tahini cake recipe delicious!
This is the go-to dessert if you’re into nutty flavors that differ from your regular sweet cakes. The cake is also perfect to enjoy alongside a cup of tea, as its tender texture goes perfectly with the drink.
Finally, if you’ve been searching for a lactose-free cake that doesn’t skimp on flavor or texture, a tahini cake is your answer. Now that you know all about it, ready to make one yourself? Let’s begin!
Tahini Cake Recipe
- 2 oz. sesame (finely ground (50 g))
- 3½ oz. almond flour (100 g)
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. raw tahini
- 3 tbsp. finely ground sweetener
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. MCT oil or any other kind
- 3 fl. oz. water (100 ml)
- Roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp. sugar-free brown sugar substitute
- Mix your dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl until they’re well combined.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients while mixing.
- Mix everything in the bowl until there are no clumps and the batter is smooth.
- Drizzle some oil in a loaf pan and spread it around.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnut and brown sugar substitute on top.
- Insert the pan into the oven and bake at 340°F (170°C) for 35 minutes or until the cake turns golden.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Tahini Cake Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!