“Chicken breast in Szechuan sauce with onions and mushrooms. A nutritious meal that can be made in no time at all!”
Original Recipe Author
Chinese Szechuan chicken takeout style is chicken breast in Szechuan sauce with onions and mushrooms is a scrumptious and nutritious supper for the entire family!
Also read: Sweet-Chili Chicken Tempura Recipe
Preparing something nutritious and tasty during the week can be challenging. Some people don’t always have time to cook.
So, it can be hard knowing that their families won’t enjoy a well-balanced meal just because they’re short on time. So, We finally decided to bring you this recipe!
Also read: ground chicken and mushroom recipes
Made with lean chicken breasts covered in Szechuan sauce with onions and mushrooms alongside a pot of rice, this is as easy to make as it is healthy.
Why this chinese Szechuan Chicken Recipe is A MUST-try:
Is Szechuan Chicken Spicy?
Szechuan chicken cuisine is renowned for being spicy, but a regular meal often involves some non-spicy choices to balance out the .flavors. The cuisine is typically categorized into seven basic tastes: sour, pungent, hot, sweet, bitter, aromatic, and salty.
What Are the Ingredients in Szechuan Chicken?
Szechuan chicken typically includes ingredients like chicken breast, vegetables such as bell pepper and onion, Szechuan peppercorns, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and chili paste. The dish is known for its bold and spicy flavor profile.
What is Szechuan chicken sauce made of?
The ingredients used in Szechuan chicken sauce can vary, but commonly include soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, chili oil or flakes, garlic, ginger, and Szechuan peppercorns. Some recipes may also call for additional seasonings or ingredients like sesame oil, hoisin sauce, or Chinese rice wine.
Chinese Szechuan Chicken Takeout Style
Szechuan chicken ingredients
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 onions (cut into strips)
- 2 packages of fresh mushrooms (roughly chopped (500 g))
- ½ bushel of cilantro (chopped)
Szechuan Chicken Sauce:
- ½ cup Szechuan sauce
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- A touch of Teriyaki sauce
- Soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 tsp. grilled chicken seasoning
How to make Szechuan chicken
- Start by frying the onions in a little bit of oil until golden.
- Next, add the mushrooms.
- Stir until the mushrooms turn golden brown, then remove the onions and mushrooms from the pan.
- Next, thinly slice the chicken breast and stir-fry in the same pan.
- After that, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
- Then, return the fried onions and mushrooms to the pan, pour the sauce, and gently stir to combine.
- Finally, top the stew with chopped cilantro, and allow to cook for another 10 minutes before serving
Read also: 5-Minute Stir-fried mushroom salad
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Szechuan Chicken Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!