When we think of cakes, it’s usually those elaborate ones with fondue and loads of intricate details. As a result, most of us get a little lazy when contemplating baking one!
However, it doesn’t have to be this hard, especially with our sweet maple walnut cake recipe. Your cake will look fantastic and taste just as good without all the extra effort!
So, are you ready to start baking? Put on your apron, and let’s begin!
“I enjoyed making this cake with my little daughter,
the steps were really simple,
we both had fun making and eating it,
thank you so much for this <3″
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
What Makes this Maple Walnut Cake A Must-try?
- This cake is known for its versatility, leaving you wanting more all day long! You can enjoy it as a light breakfast, a sneaky afternoon snack, or a dessert.
- The dash of walnut on top gives the cake an odd contrast between tender and crispy that’s hard to resist!
- It’s the perfect recipe to try if you’re just a beginner, as there are no complex techniques involved or rare ingredients.
Bottom line: If you want to enjoy something fancy without reading too many complex steps, this maple walnut cake is the one. It’s easy, delicious, and effortless to make!
what you’ll need to prepare this maple walnut cake
The Perfect Pairing
Now that you have your cake ready—or baking in the oven—it’s to perfect the overall experience. Consider the following pairings for your maple walnut cake:
Two main beverages can take this cake to another level: Tea and coffee. A freshly brewed cup of coffee with a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg can complement the cake greatly.
The contrast between the coffee’s bitterness and the maple’s sweetness provides an excellent harmony.
Of course, let’s not forget the nutty flavor of the walnut, dancing in the background, adding depth and richness to the overall flavor.
Regarding the tea, choosing one that won’t overpower the cake’s taste but enhances it is best.
For instance, you can drink chamomile or lavender on the side. The subtle floral and earthy notes can harmonize flawlessly with the cake.
While the cake is a treat in and of itself, you can make it even better with something extra on the side!
For example, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to your slice while the cake is still hot. The warmth from the cake juxtaposed with the ice cream’s coolness can create a pleasant experience.
Also, remember the fresh fruits we asked you not to add to the batter just in case? You can place them next to the cake on the plate! Fresh blueberries, raspberries, or thin apple slices can be a refreshing addition.
watch how to make this Maple Walnut Cake!
You too can make it! wanna know how?
Watch the video above and follow the instructions below to get the same results!
A Sweet Maple Walnut Cake RecipeRate
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 handful of walnut nibs
- ½ cup maple syrup (or more)
- 2 cups self-rising flour (sifted)
- 2½ tsp. vanilla sugar
- Place the ingredients in a bowl—without the maple syrup and walnuts.
- Mix everything together using your mixer on medium speed.
- Spray two loaf pans with oil, and make sure to cover the edges as well. Then, slowly pour the batter into the pans. Don’t rush, and ensure everything is evenly distributed.
- Cover the top of the batter with the walnut nips. Don’t be afraid to move a few walnuts with your hand to get the best look!
- Place the pans in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 45-50 minutes.
- Once the cake is ready, drizzle some maple syrup on top (or your preferred nectar) and enjoy!
- The ingredients are enough for one loaf pan, you can double the amounts for two.
your time to shine
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Maple Walnut Cake Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!