“A quick chicken pastilla recipe to make 18 soft and fluffy muffins!“
Original Recipe Author
We give you the chicken pastilla also known as bastilla In Morocco and Algeria is a well-known dish.- the flagship dish of the holiday season, The dish that will decorate your table with an elegance that no one can resist!
Golden and dreamy rose-shaped filo sheets, filled with fresh pullets, caramelized onions, and loads of almonds, Accompanied by tahini, and hot sauce.
Chicken pastilla recipe leave the family members in awe with a meal they’ll never forget!
Chicken Pastilla or (bastilla) Step-by-step instructions:
“Perfect chicken pastilla recipe! Great flavors, gorgeous look!
I prepared a birthday dinner for my sons in their late twenties, and they loved it,
they kept talking about the flavors and complimenting them!”
A stunning Chicken Pastilla Recipe
Chicken pastilla ingredient
- 1½ lbs of spring chicken cut into small cubes (700g)
- 4 diced onions
- ½ cup of slivered almond (2½ oz/100g)
- 2 tbsp of silane
- Black pepper
- Ras El Hanout
How to make pastilla or "bastilla"
- Fry the onions in a pan with 3 tablespoons of oil until slightly golden.
- Add the pullets and cook for around 10 minutes with an occasional stir.
- Add the spices and silane to the pan, stir and cook for another 10 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Add half a bundle of chopped cilantro or parsley (not necessary), then add the almonds.
- Refrigerate before filling.
- To assemble – grease the worktop with oil, and place a sheet of phyllo on the greased area
- and Spread oil over the phyllo sheet.
- while lifting the sheets, gently turn the filo sheets clockwise twice, thus creating folds in the center.
- Place the filling in the center.
- Fold the edges of the sheets toward the center, once from each side in an alternating manner.
- Tighten, turn over and place on baking paper.
- Oil the top and put in turbo baking mode in an oven preheated to 390°F(200°C) degrees until fully golden.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Chicken Pastilla Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!