“Enjoy the extraordinary savoriness of baked Sambousek filled with rich cream cheese mix ”
Original Recipe Author
As exotic as it may seem, Sambousek makes the perfect party food. It’s also great as a side dish or a midday snack.
You can never have enough of the luscious crispy golden dough filled with heavenly cream cheese.
With an option to create the filling of your choice, the sky’s the limit with what you can do.
Wholesome Sambousek Cheese Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- ¼ tsp. dry yeast
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 stick butter/margarine (100 g)
- 1¼ cups water
- 9 oz. quark creamy soft cheese
- 5 oz. feta cheese (grated)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. flour
- A pinch of salt
Make the Dough:
- Place the flour into a large bowl
- Add the yeast, butter, sugar, and water over the flour
- Use your hand to knead the dough until it becomes soft and smooth
- Cover the bowl and allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes
Make the Filling:
- Place the cream cheese into a deep dish
- Add the grated feta cheese, egg, flour, and salt
- Mix well until everything is combined
Prepare the Sambousek:
- Dust the work surface with flour
- Roll out the dough evenly
- Cut out circles using a cookie cutter (a small bowl can also do the trick)
- Fill each circle with a scoop of the filling mixture (about one tablespoon)
- Close each circle well, forming a crescent shape (braiding the edges gives the Sambousek a cool shape)
- Place the Sambousek over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Brush each Sambousek with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 20 minutes until golden
- Serve and enjoy
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Sambousek Cheese Recipe is a part of our Entrees Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!