‘This soup will bring up childhood memories with every bite with its homey taste and warm feel!’
Original Recipe Author
Soups are warm, easy to make, and delicious. So, it’s no wonder they’re everyone’s favorite during the winter. Our red lentil soup with lemon recipe here will warm your insides and remind you of the good old days!
Aside from the good taste, the recipe is highly nutritious, thanks to the antioxidants and vitamins found in red lentils.
Why this Red Lentil Soup With Lemon is A MUST-try:
Red Lentil Soup With Lemon
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. crushed chili (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- Salt (to taste)
- Coarse black pepper (to taste)
- 5 oz. red lentils (rinsed (150 g))
- 1 handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 cup coconut milk (250 ml)
- 2 cups water
- Grab the pot you’ll use for the soup, and add a couple of drops of oil. Let it heat, then fry the chopped onion until it’s a golden color.
- Add the garlic, chili, curry, and ginger, and stir well with a spatula.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper, then stir again. Next, drop the cilantro and red lentils into the mixture.
- Add water so that it’s covering the ingredients, and let the mixture boil.
- When the water begins to bubble, add your coconut milk, and let the soup cook on moderate or low heat for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, taste the soup. If it needs salt, add some, and if it’s too thick for your liking, you can add some water to balance it out. However, make sure not to add too much water to keep some of the creamy texture.
- Let it heat for a couple more minutes, then serve it!
- For the best experience, squeeze half a lemon in your bowl before eating the soup.
Read also: Super Delicious chinese lemon chicken recipe
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Red Lentil Soup With Lemon is a part of our Soup Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!