‘Amazing cookies with a delightful Turkish flavor!’
Original Recipe Author
Are you looking forward to making a new dessert for your family?
Instead of traditional recipes like chocolate chip cookies or a good ol’ apple pie, you can try an authentic Turkish recipe that’ll make you feel as if you’re in Istanbul!
Rahat lokum cookies are delicious and easy to make, and you can have them ready in under 3 hours! Here’s the recipe:
Why this Rahat Lokum Cookies Recipe is A MUST-try:
“WOW! Super delicious! They got finished quickly even after the third batch
BTW, recipes from this website allways come out amazing!”
Rahat Lokum Cookies
- 1¾ sticks butter or margarine (200 g)
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cups flour
- ½ cup sweetened heavy cream (125 ml)
- 2 cups walnut
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- 2½ tsp. vanilla sugar (10 g)
- ½ tsp. Cinnamon
- Put all your dough ingredients in one bowl, then start kneading them until they’re combined.
- Wrap the bowl in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for at least two hours.
- After two hours, take the bowl out and remove the wrap.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts.
- Sprinkle some flour on your counter to create a working surface, then roll out the four dough pieces into balls.
- Pat down the balls until they’re pizza-like.
- Drop your walnuts into the food processor and grind them until they reach the desired texture. They should be ground small but not too smooth.
- Put the ground walnuts in a bowl, then add the sugar and egg whites. Stir well until the ingredients are combined.
- Put the filling in a piping bag and leave it aside for later.
- Grab the four dough pieces again and cut each of them into eight triangles, like you’d cut a pizza.
- Grab the piping bag and start squeezing the filing into the wide side of each triangle.
- After you’re done, roll all the triangles into a croissant shape, making sure not to squeeze the filling out.
- Place all the pieces on a baking pan lined with parchment paper, then bake them at 340°F (170°C) for 30 minutes.
- Take the baking pan out when the cookies are golden, then let them cool.
- Sprinkle the cookies with some confectioner’s sugar, then serve and enjoy!
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Rahat Lokum Cookies Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!