“A recipe for a quinoa salad with yam and craisins that give it a unique flavor!”
Original Recipe Author
Salads are a staple in many households, but they can also be boring and repetitive. There’s always some green, a little cheese, and maybe some meat to add protein.
However, what if we told you there’s a way to add a unique and delicious twist to your salad? Our quinoa and sweet potato salad recipe is all you need to switch up your salad game! Let’s take a look at it.
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Why this Quinoa and Sweet Potato Salad is A MUST-try:
Quinoa and Sweet Potato Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 yams
- 2 medium-sized cucumbers
- A handful of parsley (chopped)
- A handful of craisins
- A handful of walnut nibs
- 1 tbsp. date syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Before you start cooking, soak the quinoa seed in water for about two minutes, then strain them.
- Once dry, place your quinoa seeds in a pot with two cups of boiling water on low heat, add the olive oil, and cover for ten minutes.
- Stir the ingredients together and let them cook for another ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, turn off the heat and let it rest for five minutes.
- As the quinoa is resting, cut the yams and bake them in the oven at 400°F (200°C) with some olive oil until soft.
- Cut the cucumber and place them in a bowl with the chopped parsley, walnut nibs, craisins, baked yams, and cooked quinoa.
- Dress the salad to taste, stir it again, and enjoy your tasty salad!
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Quinoa and Sweet Potato Salad is a part of our Salad Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!