Quick & Easy Napoleon Cake Recipe
“easy napoleon cake recipe layers with rich cream filling“
Original Recipe Author
Light and easy~.. easy to make and light on the stomach!, the easy napoleon cake recipe is probably one of the least complicated and unexpectedly delicious cakes out there.
Whether you call it Cremeschnitte, Milfei, or Napoleon cake, one thing is certain — this dessert tastes incredible! and leaves a place for more!
The following is a quick and easy napoleon cake recipe with puff pastry that perfectly balances puffiness and creaminess. It’ll just melt in your mouth!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Quick And Easy Napoleon Cake Recipe
Why should I add the sour cream?
The sour cream boosts the cake’s flavor and improves the cream’s texture.
Can I add whipping cream to the cooked cream?
Yes, you can. But you need to make sure you whip it well into the cooked cream.
When I’m cutting the pastry into sheets, could it break?
No, the pastry won’t break while cutting as long as you do it carefully and while it’s hot.
Can I keep the cake in the fridge overnight?
This is recommended as it gives the pastry more time to absorb all the flavors. It’ll taste even more delicious the following day.
Read also: Apple Dump Cake Pie Filling
“I made a napoleon cake recipe with puff pastry for Shabbat, the whole family loved it!”
Quick & Easy Napoleon Cake Recipe
- 1 kilogram puff pastry sheets (2 pounds)
- 3.5 ounces powdered sugar (100 grams)
For the cream:
- 2 ½ cups milk (20 fl oz/600 milliliter)
- 0.85 cup sour cream, optional (7 fl oz/200 milliliters)
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar (6 oz/150 grams)
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons flour (0.6 oz/20 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or sugar (0.2 fl oz/5 milliliters or alternatively, 1 vanilla bean)
- 1/4 cup & ¾ tbsp butter (3.5 oz/ 100 grams )
- freshly grated zest of 1 lemon (optional)
napoleon cake recipe with puff pastry:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) with fan mode engaged.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll out 10 inches (24 cm) of the puff pastry sheet, then cut the large rectangle into 3 smaller, equal rectangles.
- Using a fork, poke holes into the pastry sheets then sprinkle the powdered sugar on top of them.
- Place a layer of parchment paper over the puff pastry sheets then put another baking pan on top to make sure the sheets don’t rise too much.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool down.
To make the cream: (do this 1 day earlier or at least a few hours in advance)
- In a pot on medium heat, add 2 cups of milk and half the amount of sugar. Do not bring the milk to a boil.
- In a bowl, add the egg yolks, the rest of the sugar, and the lemon zest. Mix well then whisk in the flour, the salt, and the rest of the milk.
- Slowly pour the hot milk into the bowl mixture while whisking.
- Transfer the mixture back to the pot and place it on medium heat.
- Mix in the sour cream until the texture is thick and creamy.
- Take the pot off the heat and mix the butter in thoroughly.
- Transfer the cream mixture to a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Press the wrap down so it touches the mixture.
Read also: The Perfect Alfajores Cake Recipe
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Quick and Easy napoleon cake recipe with puff pastry is a part of our Dessert Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!
Leave a Reply