“This recipe for potato fritters has the perfect flavor and texture!”
Original Recipe Author
Steamy hot potatoes are some of the best additions to any meal. What’s great about them is they’re easy to make and are a sure hit with the family.
This recipe yields potato fritters that are crisp outside yet tender and fluffy inside. Plus, our secret ingredient gives these potato fritters the perfect texture.
Curious? Read on to find out what it is!
Potato Fritters Recipe
- 4 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs
- ½ bushel parsley (chopped)
- 2 cups Matzah meal (It is important not to pass up the Matzah meal. It makes the flavor perfect.)
- Clean the potatoes and place them into a pot of water. Boil the potatoes until soft.
- Once you can poke a fork through the potatoes and it goes smoothly, strain and gently peel them under cold running water.
- Mash the peeled potatoes in a bowl and grate the onion into it. Add chopped parsley, turmeric, salt, pepper, and chicken-flavored soup mix.
- Stir the matzah meal into the potatoes. Add half a cup of room-temperature water to make the mix more workable.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl, and mix well with your hands. If it’s too sticky, wet your hands and keep mixing.
- In a deep pot, heat frying oil on medium heat.
- Form the potato mixture into patties and gently drop each into the hot oil. Fry until the potato fritters are golden on both sides.
- You should keep a bowl of water close to wet your palms. Doing so will prevent the patties from sticking to your hands.
- It’s possible to replace the Matzah meal with breadcrumbs. However, it may not develop the same wonderful flavor.
- Instead of frying these fritters, you can bake them. To do it, use parchment paper with cooking spray to prevent the patties from sticking.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Potato Fritters Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!