“Irresistible chocolate roll full of crunchy nuts—a treat for all occasions!”
Original Recipe Author
Are you having a house party soon and looking for a stand-out dessert? If so, you’re exactly where you need to be.
This recipe will help you whip up a sweet roll that’s marbled with nuts and so easy to customize.
The best part? This is a no-bake dessert that doesn’t require a ton of prep. So, let’s dive in and get started on a Portuguese chocolate salami roll that will wow your guests!
Preparing a Portuguese Chocolate Salami
- 1 package tea biscuits (crushed)
- 7 oz. dark/milk chocolate (200 g)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a small pot, heat (but don’t boil!) the chocolate and heavy cream.
- Once the chocolate and cream are mixed, turn off the stove and add the walnuts and crushed biscuits.
- Set the chocolate pot aside to cool down a bit.
- Prepare a plastic wrap layer on your work surface, scoop the mix into it, and roll it up into a log.
- Pop the roll into the freezer for a while before slicing and serving it.
- If you want to spice things up the next time you make the Portuguese chocolate salami, use candied pecans, pistachios, and walnuts.
- Then, top the roll filling with a generous amount (a heaping tablespoon) of Nutella spread mixed with a tablespoon of instant coffee powder.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Portuguese Chocolate Salami is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!