“A light and healthy recipe for a nutritious and filling broccoli-cauliflower-yam pie, with a deliciously rich flavor and a soft texture. An excellent lunch dish or a great side dish for any meal!”
Original Recipe Author
While cauliflower is known for its nutty and sweet notes, broccoli has a fairly mild flavor. This would lead you to believe that a pie made with these vegetables isn’t quite as tasty and flavorful as other homemade pies.
Well, this oven-roasted broccoli and cauliflower recipe is set to change your expectations.
Aside from being quite literally one of the easiest vegetable pies out there, it’s a delicious union of the taste and texture of an array of ingredients!
Why this Oven Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower Pie is A MUST-try:
Oven Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower PieRate
- 3 tbsp. flour (1.5 oz/42.5 g)
- 5 eggs
- 1¼ tbsp. baking powder (0.35 oz/10 g)
- ½ tsp. soup mix (optional) (0.25 oz/7 g)
- 6 tbsp. olive oil (3 oz/85 g)
- 1 cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 bag of broccoli cuts
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 yam (diced)
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C).
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil into a Teflon-coated pan and fry the onions.
- In separate bowls, soak the chopped cauliflower and broccoli cuts in hot water.
- After 5 minutes, strain and set aside.
- In a big bowl, beat all the eggs.
- Add the diced yam (no need to cook before), broccoli cuts, and chopped cauliflower.
- Put in all the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment paper-lined baking pan, flatten the top, and sprinkle breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- This is optional, but you can upgrade this pie by simply grating your favorite vegetables, like carrots, zucchini, and bell peppers, and adding them to the mixture.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Oven Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower Pie is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!