“Easy, scrumptious, and outrageously moist!”
Original Recipe Author
Orange cake is one of those staples that you need in your culinary arsenal, but that doesn’t mean you have to settle for a basic recipe every time.
But this time around, we wanted to play around with the textures a bit. And earthy walnuts just seemed like the perfect choice.
Still, we wanted to make sure the cake didn’t end up too dry with roasted nuts in every bite.
Long story short? We made an orange cake with syrup and walnuts!
Orange Cake With Syrup and Walnuts
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 5 medium-sized eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 handful of chopped walnuts
- 2-3 tbsp. maple/date syrup
- Preheat your oven to 340°F (170°C).
- Separate five eggs, set the yolks aside, and add the whites to a mixing bowl.
- Beat the whites, adding the sugar gradually until you get a puffy, stable foam.
- Pour the yolks, oil, orange juice, and flour into the bowl and mix well to create the batter.
- Prep two loaf pans and pour the batter into them.
- Use the chopped walnuts to top the pans—or just one of them if you’d like to bake two variations.
- Pop the loaf pans into the preheated oven and bake for 35–40 minutes.
- Take the cake out of the oven, let it cool down a bit, and then drizzle your syrup of choice on top.
- Usually, the cake takes 35–40 minutes, but you can always do the toothpick test (or its alternatives) to check if it’s done baking.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Orange Cake With Syrup and Walnuts Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!