“A recipe for a chocolate biscuit cake that comes out airy, chocolaty, delicious, and not less important – also beautiful. You must give it a try!”
Original Recipe Author
If you want a sweet, fluffy cake with a unique twist to the traditional one, then you need to try our orange and semolina cake recipe.
Semolina is traditionally used to make pasta and bread worldwide. This is mainly because it contains high protein content, leaving you with a dough that’s not as sticky as the regular one and easier to work with.
Plus, when you add the self-rising flour, the result is a cake with a slightly grainy texture that contrasts beautifully with how tender and fluffy it is.
Are you ready to give it a try? Let’s start!
Why this Orange And Semolina Cake Recipe is A MUST-try:
Orange And Semolina Cake Recipe
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup sugar (optional: reduce the sugar amount)
- Beat the eggs for about seven minutes until they turn into a light, puffy foam—don’t separate the egg white from the yolk; beat everything together.
- Slowly add a cup of sugar to the eggs and continue beating.
- Put the mixer on low speed, then slowly add the rest of the ingredients. You can slightly reduce the oil and sugar amount if you prefer.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 40–45 minutes.
- Once the time is up, use a toothpick to check if the cake is ready. If it’s not, you can continue baking for a couple more minutes.
- Boil the orange juice with the sugar in a pot on medium heat.
- To moisten the cake, gently pour the syrup over the entirety of it with the help of a spoon.
- Add some shredded coconuts for garnish and enjoy!
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Orange And Semolina Cake Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!