The Only onion soup vegan You'll Need This Winter
“Delicious flavor with the perfect thickness.”
Original Recipe Author
You don’t want to miss the opportunity to impress your family with a delicious rich onion soup recipe easy Warm and incredibly flavorful, there’s no better dish to serve on a cold winter night!
Better still, my easy-to-prepare recipe comes out with just the right thickness and taste to eat with countless other dishes. You can also serve it in a round bread to make it extra special.
Why this Onion Soup Recipe is A MUST-try:
The Only onion soup vegan You’ll Need This Winter
- 6 big onions
- 1 stick butter (3½ oz/ 100 g (or butter-flavored non-dairy shortening))
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon soup mix
- 5 slices of bread with cheese (serving option)
- Cut your onions into rings and fry them over medium heat in the butter or butter substitute of your choice.
- Once the onions turn golden, add the flour to the pot and stir the contents well.
- Next, add the soup mix and keep stirring to avoid the formation of clumps of flour.
- Boil some water, then fill two-thirds of the pot with water, thoroughly stirring while you’re pouring it.
- Lower the heat, cover the pot, and let everything simmer for 40 minutes until the soup’s consistency gets thicker.
- When the soup is ready, turn off the heat and add the bread with cheese while the soup is still hot.
- If you’d prefer to, you may skip the previous step and serve the soup in a hollowed-out loaf of round bread instead.
- You can add the cheese on top and let it melt in the oven or put the cheese in the soup itself.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This onion soup recipe easy is a part of our Soup Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!