“The perfect cozy family dinner on busy weekdays!”
Original Recipe Author
Who doesn’t like one-pot meals? They’re everyone’s favorite because they’re straightforward to prepare, and they combine all the delicious flavors for your family and friends to enjoy.
When you cook your rice with the chicken, it soaks up all the chicken flavors for a hearty and filling result. At the same time, the tender chicken pieces will melt into your mouth, combined with the mouthwatering veggies cooked to perfection.
What makes this one pot chicken and rice plate popular is that it’s so versatile. You can experiment with various veggies or prepare this recipe using fish cubes and shrimp.
Why this One Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe is A MUST-try:
One Pot Chicken And Rice Recipe In Oven
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 6 cups boiling water
- 21 oz. chicken breast (diced small (600 g))
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1-2 carrots (cut into juliennes)
- 1 tbsp. dry onion (fried)
- 1 tbsp. grilling chicken seasoning
- ¾ tbsp. salt
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Start by rinsing your basmati rice. This step will remove the excess starch for a fluffy and airy rice. If you like it to be more sticky and risotto-like, you can skip this step.
- Strain your rice and put it in a large oven-safe cooking pot or deep tray.
- Add your peas and carrots and mix well with the rice. You can also add some diced onions, sun-dried tomatoes, colored bell peppers, and diced snap beans to make your one-pot chicken and rice plate more colorful and nutritious.
- Mix in your diced chicken breast and season with salt, pepper, dry onion, and grilled chicken seasoning.
- Add the boiling water and oil to your pot. Boiling water improves the texture of the rice and helps it cook more evenly. However, if you want to add more flavor, you can replace it with hot chicken broth.
- Cover your pot with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Uncover your pot or tray and bake for 20 minutes until the chicken turns golden.
- Serve your one-pot chicken and rice with tomato basil soup for extra warmth or a green salad on warmer days.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This One-Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!