“Airy and soft cake with a zesty kick!“
Original Recipe Author
If you’re a fan of orange and cake, you’re going to fall in love with today’s recipe. Offering a perfect mixture of sweetness, tanginess, and richness, this orange cake will have your mouth watering by the aroma alone!
Our easy orange recipe takes no time to prepare and will come out fluffy and soft every time. It’s ideal for pairing with a hot cup of tea to warm up cold evenings.
“Came out very good!”
No-stress Easy Orange Cake Recipe That Works Every Time
- 3 eggs (large)
- 2 cups self-rising flour (sifted) (9 ounces/ 270 grams)
- 1 cup sugar (granulated) (7 ounces/200 grams)
- 1 cup orange juice (8 fl oz/240 milliliters)
- 1 orange or lemon zest (freshly grated)
- 3/4 cup flavorless oil (6 fl oz/180 milliliters)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (0.2 fl oz/5 milliliters)
- Sugar powdered for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F (170 degrees C).
- Using your mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs on medium speed.
- Add the sugar gradually and continue beating for about 5 minutes until the mixture is fluffy and pale yellow.
- Turn the mixer to a slower speed then gradually add the oil until fully combined.
- Add the orange juice, zest, flour, and vanilla extract. Keep whisking until thoroughly combined but be careful not to overmix.
- Grease the pans with oil or butter, then pour in the cake mixture.
- Slide the pans into the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the cake when it’s golden and you insert a toothpick in the cake’s center that comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to rest and completely cool down before sifting powdered sugar on top.
- You can keep the cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- You can also freeze this orange cake for a maximum of 2 months. Make sure you cover the cake well before freezing and thaw it overnight when it’s time. To eat it.
- Be sure to serve the orange cake at room temperature to guarantee the best moist texture.
- Instead of powdered sugar, you can use orange icing to frost the cake.
- Simply mix the following ingredients and frost the cake after it cools:
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar (sifted)
- 1/3 cup butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons (1.2 fl oz/ 30 milliliters) of orange juice.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Easy Orange Cake Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!