“Tender and chock-full of flavors!”
Original Recipe Author
We’ve tried stuffing chicken with beef and semolina before, and it was hearty and well-spiced, with a touch of carbs to boot.
But maybe you want to cut down on your red meat intake without sacrificing the umami flavor profile.
In this case, this mushroom-stuffed chicken breast recipe is the way to go. After all, the glutamates in mushrooms can tickle the taste buds in a similar way to beef!
Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- Chicken breast (sliced thin)
- 6 mushrooms (chopped finely)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Black pepper
- Some nutmeg
- Some cooking spray
- Grease a frying pan with cooking spray and let it heat up.
- Fry the small chopped onion till it’s all nice and golden, then toss in the finely chopped mushrooms.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and nutmeg.
- Set the fried onions and mushroom stuffing aside to cool down.
- Put the stuffing on the breast slices and roll them up.
- Place the rolled-up chicken on a hot plancha, “seam” facing down.
- Roast all sides evenly, sprinkling some salt and pepper as you go.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a plancha on your hand right now. A simple heated frying pan oiled with cooking spray will do just fine.
- Go for darker mushrooms if you want a bold umami flavor.
- Serve with a salad to contrast the texture of the tender chicken and add a pop of color!
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!