“An easy recipe for a nondairy, delicious, legendary, and unbeatable mushroom pie, that draws compliments on any occasion!”
Original Recipe Author
If there’s one cuisine staple that we have in our kitchens, it’s pie. Be it sweet, savory, or an odd mix of both, pie is one of the most versatile dishes worldwide—especially this recipe!
Our mushroom pie recipe takes the ordinary to the extraordinary by adding a few mushrooms, garlic cloves, and lemon juice together.
This concoction offers you a zesty, savory flavor that’s guaranteed to leave you wanting more and your guests asking for the recipe.
So, to make this delicacy, bring your oven mitts and follow the instructions below!
Mushroom Pie RecipeRate
- 2 purple onions (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- ½ bushel of parsley (finely chopped)
- 3 cans champignon mushrooms (290 g)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp. self-rising flour / potato starch
- 2¼ tsp. baking powder (10 g)
- 1 heaping tbsp. onion soup mix
- 1 tbsp. chicken soup mix
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- ¼ cup golden breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1½ tsp. coarse black pepper
- Start by frying the onions on medium heat until they turn golden.
- As the onions fry, strain the mushroom cans properly, then add them to the onions.
- Turn up the heat and fry both ingredients for about 10 minutes while stirring.
- Bring a large bowl and beat the rest of the ingredients together—leave the breadcrumbs, though.
- Add the fried onion and mushroom to the mixture.
- Prepare a medium-sized rectangular baking pan by lining it with parchment paper and sprinkling ¼ cup of golden breadcrumbs on the paper.
- Pour the batter over the breadcrumbs slowly while maintaining consistency.
- Insert the baking ban into the oven, and bake at 340°F (170°C) until golden and fluffy— poke with a dry toothpick to ensure it’s done.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Mushroom Pie Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!