Mini Eclairs Recipe
“These mind-blowing creampuffs with their indulgent cream filling will blow your mind with how delicious they taste!”
Original Recipe Author
If you ask me, eclairs are among the best uses of pastry ever invented.
No wonder this recipe excites us so much!
Guess what? When you try it out and taste these mini eclairs, you’ll know that our excitement is justified for sure!
“I made your recipe and it came out excellent!!
Till today, every time I made creampuffs, they collapsed and turned flat.
Four creampuffs of what I made now collapsed, but all the rest came out amazing… Thank you!”
Mini Eclairs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick butter (100 g)
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream (500 ml)
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ packages vanilla instant pudding mix (160 g)
- 1½ tsp. confectioner’s sugar
- 1 bar chocolate (melted (possibly dark chocolate too))
- Confectioner’s sugar (for generously powdering)
- Get a saucepan, pour water in it, and add the butter, sugar, and salt. Heat the mixture until it boils.
- Bring down the flame to low heat and add a cup of flour. Stir the mixture constantly.
- Continue stirring for 1-2 minutes until the mix achieves a smooth texture. You’ll know when you’re done when the dough comes off the sides of the saucepan easily.
- Remove the dough from the saucepan and place it in a mixer bowl. Let it settle until it cools down.
- Start adding the eggs one by one. Don’t add them too fast. Wait until the first egg is absorbed and the dough becomes smooth before adding the next egg.
- Transfer the dough into a piping bag with a star tip.
- Pipe the dough onto parchment paper, making sure there’s sufficient space between each piece to account for expansion when baking. Note that you don’t need to oil the parchment paper.
- Preheat your oven to 400℉ (200℃) and convection bake the dough for about 20 minutes.
- Whip up all the filling ingredients together until they’re firm.
- Finally, pipe the whipped cream into the baked puffs. You can decorate them with melted chocolate or confectioner’s sugar.
- Before adding the eggs, make sure to let the dough settle and cool down for a few minutes
- After baking, don’t open the oven door all the way. Keep it slightly ajar for 5 minutes first. If your oven door’s hinges can’t support this, use a wooden spoon to keep the door slightly open. If you don’t do this, you risk your puffs collapsing.
- Don’t put the eclairs in the oven before it’s fully heated to 400℉ (200℃).
- You can freeze the eclairs if you want. Just make sure to take them out an hour before you serve them.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Mini Eclairs Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!