“Indulge in the sweet simplicity of our super delicious apple strudel rolls.”
Original Recipe Author
Apple strudel is one of Austria’s national dishes and is quite a famous dessert in the whole of Europe.
Such an aromatic dish can capture the essence of autumn in little irresistible bites. That’s why it’s many people’s favorite outside of Europe as well.
Our recipe combines the tenderness of spiced apples with the flakiness and crunch of the crumbly Phyllo dough layers, creating amazing textures in your mouth.
It’s quick and simple to make for any occasion. Plus, the size of those mini rolls is perfect as a party finger food or a little afternoon snack.
So, don’t hesitate to buy that roll of phyllo dough calling out your name in the supermarket.
Mini Apple Strudel Puff Pastry
- Phyllo dough sheets (thawed)
- 1 stick butter (melted OR 1 cup oil (100 g))
- 8 apples (finely chopped)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
Making the Filling:
- In a medium pot, put the chopped apples.
- Cook over medium heat after adding the lemon juice and sugar.
- Keep cooking until all the liquids disappear.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the cinnamon, golden raisins, and chopped walnuts to the cooked apples.
- Mix well until everything is combined.
- Allow to cool down before using the filling.
Preparing the Rolls:
- Place a sheet of phyllo dough over the countertop.
- Brush it with a suitable amount of oil.
- Put another sheet on top of the first one and brush again with oil.
- Make a little fold at one end of the phyllo dough to act as a base.
- Put a good amount of the apple filling along the fold.
- Tuck the sides of the phyllo dough sheet and roll up into a thin roll.
Baking the Apple Strudels:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the mini roll over a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the roll with eggs and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until golden.
- Powder with confectioner’s sugar before serving.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Mini Apple Strudel Puff Pastry is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!