“This dessert will have you wanting more from the very first bite! Their super-rich flavor experience is a joy for the tastebuds ”
Original Recipe Author
The McDonald’s apple pie recipe is probably the world-famous fast food chain’s most popular dessert.
Guess what? You don’t need to head to a drive-through to get it! Use this simple and quick recipe to make scrumptious homemade fried apple pies.
McDonald’s Fried Apple Pie Recipe
- 2 green apples (peeled and diced small)
- 3 tbsp. light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 package puff pastry squares (thawed according to the instructions)
- Place the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Mix them thoroughly and cook them for around 10 minutes until the liquids reduce. Make sure to stir continuously throughout the entire cooking time. When you turn off the stove, allow the filling to cool.
- Take a tablespoon of the cooked filling and apply it to the center of each puff pastry square (don’t include the liquids). Use water to moisten the dough’s edges a little bit. Then, fold the dough over the filling and use a fork to close the dough up around the filling.
- Next, place the filled pastry squares on a tray and refrigerate them for about 15 minutes.
- While you wait for the dough to cool, put some oil in your deep fryer and preheat it. When the oil is hot enough, fry the pie on medium to low heat until it’s golden on both sides.
- After you remove each pie, place it on a paper towel to soak out the oil. Make sure to serve the pies hot.
- If you prefer to bake in an oven instead of using an air fryer, use a sharp knife to make two small slits in each pie square. Brush the squares with a beaten egg and sprinkle brown sugar on them. We recommend baking at 375℉ (190℃) for 35-40 minutes.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This McDonald’s Fried Apple Pie Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!