“Venture into the flavors of authentic Morrocan cuisine with this delectable Matbucha recipe!”
Original Recipe Author
Who doesn’t love a cold salad? This Matbucha recipe is a Morrocan version of tomato salad, complete with an array of peppers and spices to turn up the flavor factor.
Savory, tangy, and spicy with a hint of sweetness, this dish also works great as a dip, spread, or sauce. It’s super versatile and you can serve it chilled or at room temperature.
Whipping up Matbucha is an hour-and-a-half experience, but it’s totally worth it!
- 15 tomatoes
- 7 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 bell peppers (grilled, peeled, and cut into strips)
- 3 hot peppers (grilled, peeled, and cut into strips)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ½ cup oil
- Cut the tomatoes into 4 halves each (like an x).
- Soak the tomatoes in hot water until they’re soft.
- Peel and dice the tomatoes.
- Transfer the diced tomatoes to a pot on the stove and start cooking on medium heat.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir the mixture every once in a while.
- After the liquid evaporates, start mashing the tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes are thoroughly mashed, add the bell peppers and hot peppers to the pot.
- Stir occasionally and keep cooking for a while.
- Add the sugar, salt, and paprika.
- Stir well and continue cooking the mixture on low flame.
- Add oil gradually until the mixture is done cooking.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Matbucha Recipe is a part of our Salad Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!