“A fluffy and airy cake with a caramel-flavored maple syrup soak!”
Original Recipe Author
Maple syrup is an innovative and creative way to sweeten and flavor your good old sponge cake.
Adding maple syrup to this straightforward sponge cake makes it moist and well-textured, so everyone will swear by your culinary skills. It adds hints of caramel and slowly fills the air gaps in your fluffy cake, making the tasty crumbles rich and flavorful.
And the best part is that it’s easy to prepare. It literally takes a few minutes from start to finish, and the result will always be extraordinary.
Why this Maple Syrup Sponge Cake is A MUST-try:
“I’ve made this cake a few times now, and let me tell you, my picky kids can’t get enough.
It’s seriously addictive and easily one of the best cakes around. I highly recommend it!”
Maple Syrup Sponge Cake
- 1 cup heavy cream at room temperature (250 ml)
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 2½ tsp. vanilla sugar (10 g)
- ¼ cup oil
- A handful of walnuts
- 1 tsp. flour
- Fine maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine all the ingredients in the mixer bowl except for the maple syrup, walnuts, and one teaspoon of flour.
- Mix in the mixer until the batter is smooth and you see no clumps. If you don’t want to use a mixer, you can use your hands, but this will take more time.
- Pour the batter into two non-stick loaf pans.
- Break the walnuts into pieces and mix with one teaspoon of flour to prevent the walnuts from sinking into the batter. The flour will keep the walnuts on top.
- Bake until golden.
- Take your cake out of the oven and poke it with a toothpick.
- Pour the maple syrup on top of the cake until it’s fully saturated.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Maple Syrup Sponge Cake Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!