“A pound cake with the perfect moist texture!”
Original Recipe Author
The fresh taste of a lemon cake is hard to resist! It’s the perfect cake for a quiet evening after a long day of work.
The best part is that it’s pretty easy to make! Even if you haven’t baked before, you can make this lemon poppy seed pound cake with ease!
Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
- 4 room-temperature eggs (separated)
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 lemon (squeezed)
- Water to fill up to a cup with lemon juice (see explanation below)
- 2 cups flour
- 2¼ tsp. baking powder (10 g)
- ½ cup Poppy seeds
- While preparing the cake, heat the oven to 320°F (160°C).
- Pour the squeezed lemon into a cup, then add water until the cup is full.
- In a large bowl, put the egg yolks, oil, water with lemon juice, and half a cup of sugar, and start beating the mixture until it’s fully combined.
- Prepare a bowl with flour mixed with baking powder, or self-rising flour if you don’t have baking powder. Then, sift the egg mixture into the bowl, and mix everything with a spatula.
- In another bowl, put the egg whites and beat them for 20 seconds, Then, start adding the cup of sugar gradually while beating. When the foam is firm enough, stop beating.
- Add this mixture to the other one with the yolk and stir well.
- After that add the Poppy seeds and give it another stir.
- Prepare a baking pan by oiling its bottom, and pour the batter into the pan.
- Put the cake in your preheated oven and convection bake it for 50 minutes. Then, check whether the cake is ready using a skewer before taking it out.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!