“A cinnamon-flavored rich porridge to warm up your body on the coldest nights!”
Original Recipe Author
Lebanese rice pudding, a cherished Middle Eastern dessert, is a comforting, quick-fix treat that boasts creamy goodness in just a matter of minutes.
For an added layer of indulgence, consider adorning your Lebanese rice pudding with a sprinkling of roasted pistachios and hazelnuts for a delightful crunch. Yet, this dessert shines even when enjoyed in its pure, unadulterated form, with a simple dusting of cinnamon on top.
While this rice pudding is typically served warm, storing it in the fridge and having it cold the next day won’t take away from its tastiness at all!
Lebanese Rice Pudding | Riz Bi Haleeb
- 2 cups rice
- 1 oz. butter (30 g)
- 3½ cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- A pinch of salt
- Cinnamon (optional)
- To start preparing this tasty dessert, melt some butter in a pot. Keep the heat low and make sure that it doesn’t turn brown, or your rice will taste bitter.
- Fry the rice in the butter, but don’t over-fry it because you don’t want it to get too crispy or burnt.
- Add a pinch of salt, and then add all the water when the rice turns golden.
- Cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until the rice reaches the desired tenderness.
- Add the milk and sugar to the rice and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the stove and ladle the pudding into individual bowls.
- Serve your delicious rice pudding with some cinnamon, roasted pistachios, or your favorite topping.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Lebanese Rice Pudding | Riz Bi Haleeb Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!