“Although it seems like a lot of work, this Knafeh recipe is super easy to whip up! It’s crunchy, sweet, salty, and all in all mouthwatering!”
Original Recipe Author
Sweet, savory, and crispy, all it takes is one bite of this Knafeh recipe to turn you addicted to its heavenly blend of flavors!
It’s also pretty simple to follow and takes almost no time, so you won’t have to wait long to satisfy your sweet and salty tooth!
- 7 oz. Kadaif noodles (shredded phyllo pastry dough (200 g))
- 1 stick butter (100 g)
- Pistachios (chopped – for topping)
- 9 oz. ricotta cheese (250 g)
- 3½ oz. goat cheese (100 g – optional)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Lemon juice
- 2 drops of rose water essence
- Melt half the stick of butter.
- Mix the melted butter with the Kadaif noodles.
- Heat up a frying pan and add the other half of the butter stick.
- Lay a layer of noodles in the pan and put the cheese on top of it.
- Lay another layer of Kadaif noodles on top of the cheese layer.
- Fry for about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until the noodles are a golden color.
- Before or while frying, make the sugar glaze by boiling all the ingredients together and then allowing the mixture to cool a little.
- Once done frying, pour the sugar glaze over the cooked Knafeh.
- Top with chopped pistachios.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Knafeh Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!