‘Easy to make, addictive, and crunchy jelly cookies—they may just be the most delicious cookies ever!’
Original Recipe Author
No one in their right mind will say no to cookies, right? Well, how about jam thumbprint cookies?
They’re flavorful, sweet, and easy to make! You can make a small batch for your family this evening, and when you perfect the recipe, you can make it during the holidays!
Here’s the only recipe you need!
Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- 1¾ sticks butter (soft (200 g))
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. baking powder (5 g)
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Then, add the rest of the ingredients and start kneading.
- Knead the dough until it’s soft and flexible. If it feels too sticky on your fingers, you can add more flour.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for an hour or more, depending on how much time you have. The dough is easier to form when it’s cold, so the longer, the better.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work surface, then roll the dough out on it. Make sure it’s not too thin.
- Start forming cookie shapes using a cookie cutter, then divide the cookies into two portions.
- In one of the portions, use a small cutter to make round holes in all cookies.
- Bake all cookies for 10 minutes at 350°F (180°C), then let them cool down.
- On the cookies without holes, spread the halva evenly. Then, put a cookie with a hole on top of each one.
- Top the cookies with powdered sugar, and enjoy!
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
These Jam Thumbprint Cookies are a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!