“Here’s a recipe for homemade hummus made really easy and with no unnecessary complication.”
Original Recipe Author
Almost nothing in Middle Eastern cuisine could surpass the versatility of hummus!
For starters, you could use hummus as a dip for whatever you like! For example, you can dip chips, veggies, or just pita bread in hummus and enjoy a whole new layer of flavor.
Another way to enjoy hummus is by using it as a sandwich spread instead of other condiments, like mayo. Lastly, hummus adds a rich, creamy base to any salad or grain bowl.
And to top it all off, it’s lactose-free, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly! So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started on this hummus recipe from scratch!
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Why this Hummus Recipe From Scratch is A MUST-try:
Easy Hummus Recipe From Scratch
- 5 cups chickpeas (save some chickpeas for serving)
- 1 pot of water (save the water after cooking)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- Ice cubes
- 3 cups raw tahini
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tbsp. salt
- 5 green hot peppers
- 5 pickled hot peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- A pinch of salt
- A drop of olive oil
- The night before you want to make this recipe, soak a small package of chickpeas in a mixture of water and one teaspoon of baking soda.
- The following day, divide your chickpeas into bags and freeze them—you don’t need to use all the chickpeas.
- In a pressure cooker, cook the chickpeas with the onion and two garlic cloves—it adds loads of flavor to your hummus!—for about an hour.
- After cooking the chickpeas, strain them and save the liquids.
- Now, place all your ingredients, along with the chickpeas, into the food processor and start grinding until everything is soft and pasty!
- Keep in mind that you shouldn’t add everything all at once! Most ingredients take time to combine well and produce the desired texture, so be patient!
- Once that’s done, move the mixture into another bowl and grind all the topping ingredients together.
- When it’s time to serve, place the hummus in a deep, wide serving dish, then use a ladle to spread it evenly on top.
- In the center of the dish, decorate the top with the chickpeas you saved earlier, olive oil, and a bit of parsley.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Hummus Recipe From Scratch is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!