Honey Pound Cake
“It’s moist, easy, and full of honey. What is there not to like about this wonderful dessert?”
Original Recipe Author
It’s like an upgraded version of your everyday sponge cake, boasting a luxurious sweetness and richness thanks to the infusion of honey. This golden nectar not only fills every nook and cranny of the cake as it’s drizzled on top but also plays a starring role in the batter itself, making this dessert an absolute must-try for honey aficionados.
And here’s a little secret – by substituting granulated sugar with honey in this recipe, you’ll find that the cake becomes even sweeter because, well, honey is naturally sweeter. As a bonus, honey also contains trace amounts of iron and potassium, making it a healthier alternative to sugar.
The result? A cake that emerges from your oven moist, luscious, and perfectly sweet, with a hint of warmth courtesy of the tea and cinnamon. If you desire an extra layer of texture, serve it with some crunchy almonds.
Prepare this honey pound cake once, and you’ll soon find yourself fielding endless requests from family and friends. The icing on the cake? You can stash some slices in the freezer, ensuring that more delicious moments are just a thaw away.
Why this Honey Pound Cake is A MUST-try:
Honey Pound Cake
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 cup honey
- 2½ cups flour
- 2¼ tsp. baking powder (10 g)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup boiling tea (from 2 tea bags)
- Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C).
- Beat your eggs with the sugar, then add the dry ingredients and the oil.
- Mix this batter carefully.
- Pour the boiling tea into the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. In the last five minutes, garnish the cake with some sliced almonds.
- Poke with a toothpick and stop baking when it comes out dry.
- Drizzle some more honey on the cake when it’s still hot.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Honey Pound Cake is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!