“With an especially indulgent flavor!”
Original Recipe Author
Pickles are a kitchen staple. They go with sandwiches, salads, sauces, and even on their own. While you can get pickles from the supermarket, nothing compares to homemade pickles.
When you make pickles at home, you can customize the spices and herbs you add to the pickle mix. Additionally, there are no chemicals or preservatives.
The best part is that you can pickle any vegetable in your fridge, making a small or huge batch. Just follow our pickles recipe for the most delicious relish.
Homemade Pickles Recipe
- 1 medium-sized cabbage
- 5 medium-sized carrots (peeled)
- 2 colorful bell peppers
- 5 medium-sized hot peppers
- 1 kohlrabi
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 tbsp. table salt
- Whole allspice (to taste)
- A handful of bay leaves
- 6 cups lemon juice (1½ Liter)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup oil
- First, cut all the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large bowl (preferably 2.5-gallon, depending on the number of pickles you’ll make).
- Add the seasonings and the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Next, let the pickle mixture rest on the counter for about two hours.
- Divide the pickles into smaller containers and seal them.
- The ingredients for our recipe make a hefty amount of pickles. Yet, you can reduce the amount of lemon juice and vinegar according to your taste.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Pickles Recipe is a part of our Sides Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!