“Scrumptious crispy chicken is more than easy to make! If anything, this homemade recipe puts actual KFC chicken to shame!”
Original Recipe Author
Fried chicken—two words that need no further introduction. We don’t have to talk about KFC’s secret chicken recipe either! We know that many of you consider their crispy chicken buckets and delicious wings to be the ultimate guilty pleasure!
The good news? Homemade KFC chicken is super easy to make! With the right mix of spices, you can whip up a whole batch of juicy chicken for your kids and loved ones to enjoy. The entire recipe takes no more than 30-40 minutes to cook, too!
Homemade KFC Chicken
- 8-10 drumsticks / chicken quarters / chicken wings
- Black pepper
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup seltzer
- 1 tbsp. sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tbsp. grilling chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp. dry oregano/thyme/basil
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the chicken parts for 20-30 minutes. Only add salt and pepper to the water.
- Once your timer goes off, take out the chicken or strain the pot. Either way, rinse the chicken before proceeding to the next step.
- Grab a bowl to pour your flour in then grab another to add the eggs and seltzer in. In a third bowl, mix all the spices mentioned above with the baking soda and salt.
- Coat your chicken in flour first before dipping them in the egg mixture. Then, cover each part with a generous amount of spices before frying.
- Make sure the oil is nice and hot before deeply immersing your chicken in it. Pack the pieces tightly and fry them until you get that lovely, golden color.
- Serve the chicken with a collection of your favorite sauces and enjoy the perfect crunch!
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Homemade KFC Chicken is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!