hellofresh shepherd's pie recipe
hellofresh shepherd’s pie recipe
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 3 ounces carrots
- 2 1/2 ounces celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 ounce thyme
- 1 unit yellow onion
- 16 oz Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 1/2 ounces tomato paste
- 2 units of beef concentrate
- bread and spices
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 pepper
- 1 salt
- Oils and Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Dairy products
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese
- Turn on the broiler to high.
- Dry and wash the produce.
- Cut potatoes into pieces measuring 12 inches long.
- Pluck thyme leaves from stems; roughly chop leaves. Slice 14-inch-thick half moons from carrots, after trimming, peeling, and halving them lengthwise.
- Prepare celery by dicing it finely. Prepare the onion by halving, peeling, and chopping it finely.
- Make sure the potatoes are covered by 2 inches of salted water in a medium pot. Boil until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Return potatoes to pot after draining.
- Add sour cream, thyme, butter, and a sprinkle of water if necessary to make potatoes smooth and creamy. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and cover until ready to serve.
- In a medium, ovenproof pan (use a large pan for four servings) heat a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat while the potatoes are cooking.
- Toss the carrot in the pan with the salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper after adding celery, onion, and a large drizzle of oil.
- Stir continuously for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
- Add a splash of water if vegetables are browning too quickly.
- Cook for 30 seconds with 2 tsp of chopped thyme and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the beef and veggies as you cook.
- Breaking up the meat into pieces, cook until browned and cooked through, 4-6 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add half the crushed tomatoes (all for 4 servings) and ½ cup water (¾ cup for 4) to the pan with the beef mixture.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- TIP: If your pan isn’t ovenproof, transfer the mixture now to a baking dish.
- Top beef filling with an even layer of mashed potatoes, leaving a gap around the edge of pan.
- Evenly sprinkle with cheddar.
- Broil until browned, 3-4 minutes. TIP: Watch carefully to avoid burning. Serve directly from the pan.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
*THIS IS WHERE THE RECIPE CARD SHOULD BE BELOW* ADD A NEW CARD EVERY TIME ** don’t use the existing recipe card because it will overwrite it!!!
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This hellofresh shepherd’s pie recipe is a part of our *category* Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!