“A straightforward gluten free pita bread recipe to serve with every meal!”
Original Recipe Author
Pita bread is a type of yeast-leavened round flatbread famous in the Middle East. It’s also known as Arabic bread and Greek bread, where it’s used to make wraps, sandwiches, or for dipping.
But there’s one problem with pita bread; it uses wheat flour as the main component. This can be a problem if you have celiac disease or don’t like to have gluten in your food.
Luckily, this version uses gluten-free flour, so that you can prepare it for any meal.
The recipe is tried and tested, and the bread puffs incredibly, creating a pocket for your preferred filling. So, let’s see how you can make it!
“It’s been already 2 years that I’ve been making these pitas!”
Gluten Free Pita Bread Recipe
- 1 lbs. gluten-free flour (500 g)
- 2½ tbsp. gluten-free dry yeast (20 g)
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3½ cups warm water
- Start with the dry ingredients and mix the flour, yeast, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Keep mixing with your hands until the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Now, add the warm water gradually.
- Slowly knead until the dough comes together.
- Add as much water as needed.
- Keep kneading until the dough is free from any clumps.
- Once the dough is evenly combined, make balls of the dough.
- Take each ball and flatten the dough into the classic pita bread shape with the right thickness.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and bake the pita bread until done. You can also cook it in the electric grill pot.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Gluten Free Pita Bread Recipe is a part of our Sides Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!