“A recipe for gluten-free chocolate pie made from a legendary and easy-to-work-with dough that gets slightly crispy”
Original Recipe Author
Are you trying your best to eat healthy, but have a chocolate sweet tooth that you can’t control? It’s not something to be guilty about as long as you can stay away from all those chocolate gluten pies. But, do you really have to avoid them?
Well, not anymore. This recipe will teach you how to make a gluten-free chocolate pie in less than an hour. Spoiler: You’ll want to make it twice a day after tasting it. You’ve been warned.
Gluten Free Chocolate Pie
- 1¾ sticks butter or butter-flavored substitute (200 g)
- ½ cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 7 oz. chocolate (200 g)
- ½ cup Rich’s whip topping (or heavy cream)
- 2 tbsp. butter or butter-flavored substitute (25 g)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- Start by mixing all the crust ingredients in a mixer or a blender until they’re evenly mixed.
- Put the mix into a pie pan, and then transfer it to a preheated oven.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. You can work on the filling while you wait for the crust to partially bake.
- Put the chocolate, whipped topping, and butter in a bowl and microwave them until they melt into each other.
- Stir the mixture with a spatula to cool it down and ensure a homogenous mixture.
- Separate the egg yolks from their whites, then add two yolks to the mixture, and stir!
- Now get those egg whites and mix them with a half cup of sugar, then add them to the mixture, and keep stirring until you get a uniform consistency.
- Now pour your tasty mixture on the partially baked bake, and return it to the oven for 20 more minutes.
- Make sure to preheat the oven before putting your pie inside. Skipping the preheating may result in uneven cooking and an overall change in the taste.
- The easiest way to separate the egg from the yolk without making a mess is by using the negative pressure of a plastic bottle. Have a look at how it works here.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Gluten Free Chocolate Pie Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!