“Enjoy the rich, indulgent flavors of fried eggplant sticks. Experience the golden crunch on the outside and tender goodness inside.”
Original Recipe Author
Looking for a way to use those forgotten eggplants in the fridge? Why not turn them into fried eggplant sticks? With fewer carbs, they’re the perfect stand-ins for french fries, and you can whip them up in minutes.
Fried eggplant sticks are a fun, healthy-ish appetizer you can pair with your favorite dip. But for this recipe, we’re making a creamy tahini-dill dipping sauce to take them to the next level of yum!
“Came out amazing. I made a big amount and froze them for later!”
Fried Eggplant Sticks Recipe
- 2 eggplants (preferably light and relatively thin, this way they have less seeds inside)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Oil (for frying)
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 sprigs dill (chopped)
- Peel the eggplants and cut them into thick sticks. Sprinkle them with salt and set them aside for a few minutes to draw out excess moisture. Afterward, pat them dry with paper towels.
- Note: Avoid using eggplants with too many seeds because they’re not as tasty and may fall apart during frying.
- Place the flour, breadcrumbs, and beaten egg (seasoned with a pinch of salt if you like) in separate bowls.
- Coat the eggplant sticks in this order: flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs. Make sure to cover them from all sides.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Deep fry the breaded sticks until golden brown and crispy. Avoid overcrowding the pan, and turn the eggplants occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Once done, transfer them to a wire rack to drain any excess oil.
- Serve the eggplant sticks with tahini and garlic-dill mayo dip.
- An extra tip: Mix the leftover egg and flour and add some water to make a batter. Season it with salt and pepper. Fry the batter in oil until it turns golden, and you’ll have mouth-watering savory pancakes.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Fried Eggplant Sticks Recipe is a part of our Sides Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!