“A crunchy dessert with a gooey chocolate filling that you’d definitely enjoy!”
Original Recipe Author
Crepes, whether they’re sweet or savory, are always a delight. But, have you ever tried fried crepes? They take delicious to a whole new level!
Sometimes, crepes can be a bit tricky – too soft, and they might struggle to contain the filling, resulting in a soggy mess. Not with this recipe, though. When you fry these crepes, they lock in all the scrumptious goodness, and that chocolatey filling? It practically bursts with flavor on your very first bite.
Great cooking is all about the magic of textures and tastes coming together. In this recipe, the velvety chocolate sauce dances with the crispy exterior, creating a mouthwatering experience.
Now, while you can certainly use chocolate sauce for this recipe, don’t stop there! Experiment with applesauce, bananas, or caramel for an array of delightful, crispy crepe variations. And if you’re in the mood for something savory, consider a different twist. Cold cuts, cheese, and olives – that’s a winning combo waiting to happen.
Fried Crepes Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp. oil
- A pinch of salt
- Favorite chocolate spread
- 2 eggs
- Golden breadcrumbs (for coating)
- Oil (for frying)
- Mix the eggs with the milk.
- Add the flour gradually. Mix the rest of the flour well and keep mixing until the batter is smooth and there are no clumps.
- On medium heat, add some butter to a frying pan.
- Pour some of the batter into the pan.
- Cook the batter for a few minutes until it cooks, then flip it.
- Once the crepe is golden on both sides, remove it from the pan.
- Fill each crepe with your favorite chocolate spread and fold it.
- In a separate bowl, beat the two eggs.
- Dip the rolled crepes into the eggs and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Make sure that they’re adequately coated.
- Get another frying pan and heat the oil.
- Fry the crepes in the oil until golden.
- Flip the crepes so they’re golden on both sides.
- Remove the crepes from the oil and let them drain to remove the excess oil.
- Cut them in half and serve.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Fried Crepes Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!