fish stick tacos with coleslaw recipe
- 48 frozen fish sticks
- Homemade Tortillas (recipe follows)
- Cabbage Pantry Slaw (recipe follows)
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 1 cup jarred salsa verde
- 1 1/2 cups grated Colby Jack cheese
- Jarred sliced jalapenos (for topping)
- 3 limes (cut into wedges)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup very hot water
- 1/2 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup store-bought salad dressing, such as Thousand Island or Southwest flavor
- 2 tablespoons jarred jalapenos, chopped, plus 3 tablespoons liquid from the jar
- One 4-ounce can diced pimentos, drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the fish sticks according to package instructions.
- Pile three fish sticks onto each Homemade Tortilla. Place some of the Cabbage Pantry Slaw, both salsas, and cheese on the tortilla, then top with jalapenos and lime wedges. Immediately serve.
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl. Pour in the hot water and stir gently while slowly adding the vegetable oil. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface after it has come together. Gently knead it a few times to smooth it out.
- A cast-iron skillet or griddle should be heated over medium-high heat. Roll a 5-inch circle out of a piece of dough that is slightly smaller than a Ping-Pong ball. Make the circle as thin as possible.
- Using a dry skillet, cook the steak on the first side for about one minute, until it begins to brown, then flip it and cook for about 30 seconds on the second side. Remove and stack onto a kitchen towel, and repeat with the rest of the steaks. Whilst you cook the next tortilla, wrap it in the kitchen towel as you stack it.
- For the cabbage pantry slaw:
- Place the shredded cabbage in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste; mix in the dressing, jalapenos and their liquid, and pimentos. Stir well to combine.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
*THIS IS WHERE THE RECIPE CARD SHOULD BE BELOW* ADD A NEW CARD EVERY TIME ** don’t use the existing recipe card because it will overwrite it!!!
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This fish stick tacos with coleslaw recipe are a part of our *category*, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!