“Caramelized, crispy cookies
with the same flavor we grew to know and love. Nostalgic yet?”
Original Recipe Author
We’ve tried many great cookies over the years, from the festive jam thumbprints to the honey-glazed chebakia.
While none of these are particularly tricky to master, we’ll still never say no to a fail-proof, two-ingredient recipe.
Yes, you read that right!
You can actually whip a batch of elephant ear cookies with nothing more than a package of puff pastry and a cup of sugar.
Does that sound tempting? Jump right into the easiest elephant ear cookie recipe you’ll ever come across.
Fail-Proof Elephant Ear Cookie Recipe
- 1 package puff pastry dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Grab chilled pastry dough and cut a strip width-wise.
- Lay down parchment paper and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Put the strip over the dusted paper and cover it with even more sugar.
- With a rolling pin, go over the strip a couple of times to roll the sugar into the dough.
- Flip the dough over and cut it into ¼” (nearly 1 cm) slices.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the slices on it, leaving spaces between one slice and the next.
- Bake until one side is golden, flip the cookies, and pop them back into the oven. (Each side should take 7–10 minutes to cook completely.)
- Don’t work with warm dough!
- While rolling the strip, make sure you’re moving the pin from one edge toward the center. Then, repeat from the other end.
- It might be tempting to cram a bunch of slices into a small baking sheet. However, if you do so, you might ruin the cookies’ shape since the dough expands as it bakes.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Elephant Ear Cookie Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!