“The crispiest fried eggplant you’ll ever have- be careful: HIGHLY ADDICTIVE“
Original Recipe Author
Turn the lone eggplant sitting in the fridge into the star of the meal with this perfect recipe that will have you hooked in no time!
This insane crispy fried eggplant is the perfect appetizer your family will love and always be ready to snack on. Don’t be surprised when you see everyone going back for seconds!
Light and surprisingly easy to prepare, this crispy fried eggplant makes for an amazing addition to any and every meal, taking all its flavors to a whole new level.
It is a definite must-try recipe!
Why this Crispy Fried Eggplant Recipe is A MUST-try:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE CRISPY AND DELICIOUS EGGPLANTS:
- One tablespoon cornflour. Gives the eggplants a crispy exterior
- Eggplants. Select small to medium-sized eggplants that are as a blemish and wrinkle-free as possible. They have fewer seeds and are less bitter
- Salt to taste. The salt is for taste and rids the eggplant slices of excess water and any bitter taste. It helps prevent the eggplant from becoming sloppy and soggy.
- Pepper. It is optional for adding flavor and spiciness to your eggplants.
“Delightful taste in easy and quick preparation”
Easy Crispy Fried Eggplant Recipe
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 small / medium eggplant (about 250 grams )
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper (optional)
- Cut each eggplant into rings. The rings should be about 1 cm thick. Then cut each ring in half
- Sprinkle salt on the sliced eggplants for taste. Leave them in a colander, sieve, or another net-shaped flat surface for about an hour or so with a plate underneath. Allow any excess water to drain and pat them with a paper towel. You can let them sit for an hour to dry further and squeeze them with a second paper towel. Finally, transfer the eggplant slices to a dry paper towel
- Pour some cornflour onto a plate. Dip the sliced eggplants in cornflour with salt, then flip them until they are completely coated on both sides
- Put a little oil in a skillet or pan and heat it to medium to high heat
- Then shallow fry on high heat (like you would do when frying schnitzel) until golden brown on both sides. Put the cooked eggplant on a tray lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil
- Serve warm or chilled
- You can cut the slices into any shape you like, cubes, slices lengthwise, halves of slices, etc.
- If you choose to refrigerate the cooked eggplant, ensure the container is airtight and lined with absorbent paper.
- Note that when eggplants are refrigerated, they lose their crispiness. If you want to restore some of the freshness, you can bake them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper for a few minutes at 180 degrees.
- Eggplants oxidize easily, causing browning. Therefore, it is best to slice them just before starting the cooking process. To prevent premature browning, you may also apply some lemon juice to the sliced eggplant.
- You can place the eggplant slices in between bread to make a delicious sandwich, or you can eat the crispy fried eggplant on its own.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Crispy Fried Eggplant recipe is a part of our Sides Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!