“An easy focaccia bread recipe indeed, i couldn’t believe i got the same results!
the videos you’re sharing are really helpful,
I get motivated to try the recipes out each time one of them comes out,
thank you so much!”
If you’re a fan of Italian cuisine, you’ll instantly fall in love with this homemade focaccia bread recipe. It’s soft, fluffy, and super tasty — almost like pizza!
Focaccia bread is a versatile Italian delicacy that pairs well with almost every meal. Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, or dinner, a couple of slices of fresh focaccia bread will go perfectly with your meal.
This homemade focaccia bread recipe is so delicious, we even have a gluten-free version so everyone can enjoy it.
So, without further ado, let’s get to baking!
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
What Makes this Homemade Focaccia Bread Recipe A Must-try?
- Unlike most flatbread, focaccia isn’t exactly “flat.” It’s actually thick, fluffy, and has that rich flavor of fresh bakery. It’s almost like pizza dough but a little thicker and fluffier in texture.
- It’s extremely versatile. Focaccia bread could be savory, like this recipe—you can pair it with fresh herbs and vegetables or your favorite cheese. You could also add some sugar to the dough and enjoy sweet focaccia bread, aka Venetian focaccia.
- It’s the perfect blend of a crispy golden crust on the outside and a soft, airy crumb on the inside. Add to that the earthy flavor of the extra virgin olive oil. It’s what every bakery lover dreams of.
Bottom Line: Get ready to indulge in the soft, cloud-like goodness of this homemade focaccia bread. Once you try it out and see how simple yet delicious it is, it’ll become a staple in your house.
what you’ll need to prepare this Recipe
We can sum up the process with 4 simple steps
Grab a large mixing bowl and start by adding the ingredients in this order:
lukewarm water, dry yeast, sugar, salt, and olive oil.
Mix them using a hand mixer, then proceed to add the flour gradually, keep using the hand mixer until the dough thickens.
Now we want you to roll up your sleeves and start kneading using your bare hands!
When done kneading, keep the dough in the same bowl, cover it with a cloth, and let it rest for 10 minutes.
When the 10 minutes are up you should notice it got bigger, now go ahead and grab the bottom part of the dough and fold it to the top, do that for all sides (you should repeat this step 3 to 4 times at least).
The dough has had enough time to rest, time to wake it up! Move the dough to a generously oiled pan (use olive oil for best results).
Spread the dough and “massage it” with the olive oil to give the focaccia that famous look.
Cover the pan again and let it rest for 10 more minutes.
Focaccia without the right toppings is like brownies without ice cream—it still tastes good, but where’s the fun in that?
We recommend peppers, onions, artichokes, eggplants, and cherry tomatoes for your toppings. You can also add fresh herbs like thyme, basil, and fresh rosemary for an earthy flavor.
for a delicious twist, you can go for a focaccia pizza!
All you have to do is add some Pizza sauce and parmesan cheese on top of the dough (like you would with a normal pizza), some chopped basil will contribute a lot to the taste.
When done, all you have to do is pop that pan into a preheated oven at 480°F (250°C) for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
Tips and tricks: Homemade Focaccia Bread Recipe
Consider the following These tips to perfect the overall results
If there’s one thing to know about focaccia dough, it’s that it should be highly hydrated. If the dough is too dry on your fingers while kneading, add some lukewarm water. It should be at least 65% hydrated to give your bread the right texture. We know you don’t like that sticky texture on your fingers, but in this recipe, it’s necessary.
If the weather is too cold, there’s a high chance your yeast will work more slowly, so the dough may not rise at all. For this reason, it’s better to keep an eye on the room temperature and keep your dough in a warm area in your home until it rises.
Focaccia is essentially an oily bread, so your choice of oil is critical for the quality of this recipe. Our recommendation is extra-virgin olive oil because it leaves an earthy flavor that complements the bread well. However, you can also use canola or vegetable oil if you only have those.
You too can make it!
Just Watch the video and follow the instructions to get the same results!
Easy Homemade Focaccia Bread Recipe
- 1 cup lukewarm water (240 ml)
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (5 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 g)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 ½ cups flour (about 350 g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (5 g)
- In a large bowl, add lukewarm water, dry yeast, sugar, salt, and olive oil and mix them together.
- Add the flour gradually (2 to 3 tablespoons at a time) and mix it with the other ingredients. Start with a mixer, then when the dough starts coming together, use your hands to mix the dough until it’s even and smooth.
- Gently knead the dough by picking up the ends and bringing them to the center. It should feel sticky but easily comes off the sides of the bowl.
- When your dough looks like a ball, cover it with a clean cloth and let it rest for 10 minutes. Repeat steps 3 and 4 five times at least.
- By now, your dough has risen and doubled in size. Move the dough to an oiled baking pan (no need for parchment paper).
- Now gently spread it with your fingertips. Make sure to poke out any air bubbles.
- Cover the dough and allow it to rest for 10 more minutes.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil and rub it all over the dough. With your fingertips, poke the dough and spread it evenly in the baking pan. Make sure to reach all four corners.
- Sprinkle some kosher salt over the surface of your bread and add your garnishing in a decorative way.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 480°F (250°C) for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
your time to shine
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Homemade Focaccia Bread Recipe is a part of our Originals Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!