“Indulge your senses in the savory, juicy, and hearty flavors of chicken shawarma, all in under 30 minutes!”
Original Recipe Author
Chicken shawarma is one of the most delicious and popular delicacies across the middle east and the world! It’s time you brought it into your kitchen!
Our easy chicken shawarma recipe won’t take you more than half an hour, so you quickly whip it up when a flavorful yet quick meal is due.
It yields juicy, savory, and beautifully seasoned chicken that melts in your mouth. You can add your favorite dressing like cheese or chili sauce, but we highly recommend the classic garlic yogurt sauce for the ultimate shawarma experience!
Pitta bread is usually the wrap of choice for chicken shawarma. From the taste to the smell, everything about this dish is pure bliss!
Easy Chicken Shawarma Recipe
- 2 lbs. Shawarma meat – dark chicken cutlets (female (1 kg))
- 1¾ oz. lamb fat (recommended)
- ½ tbsp. Baharat spice
- ½ tbsp. Hawaij spice for soup
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup oil
- Rinse and cleanse the chicken cutlets using some vinegar (leave the cutlets whole).
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices along with a tablespoon of oil to form a seasoning rub.
- Thoroughly coat the chicken with the rub from all sides.
- Heat up a Teflon-coated (non-stick) frying pan or a grilling rack designed for stovetop grilling (known as plancha or griddle).
- Put the lamb fat (or you can substitute it with oil) in the pan.
- Once hot, transfer the cricket cutlets to the pan.
- Let the cutlets roast (while still whole) for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the cutlets onto a cutting board and cut into very thin slices.
- Return the chicken slices back to the frying pan and let them cook for a few more minutes until the meat is well-roasted but not dry.
- Transfer the chicken directly onto pita bread, flatbread (laffa), or a baguette. Top with garlic yogurt sauce before rolling into a chicken shawarma sandwich.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Easy Chicken Shawarma Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!