“Golden treats of joy stuffed with a delectable combination of potato and cheese – Count memories, not calories!”
Original Recipe Author
It wasn’t long ago when I was passing by a Jewish bakery and saw multiple platters of bourekas; some filled with mushrooms while others with cheese and potatoes. This is what inspired me to re-create this classic Jewish cuisine; The cheese and Potato Bourekas recipe. After all, who doesn’t like indulging in hot and crispy savory goodness once in a while?
And the taste? Well, let’s just say it made me believe in the statement – “There’s nothing more romantic than a serene walk to the kitchen.”
And the best part? They are so easy to make! Contrary to frozen cheese or potato bourekas recipe that you find in the supermarket, this recipe will help you prepare tasty parcels of filled flaky dough in no time.
This is also a creative way of using up leftover potatoes.
“I made these, and it turned out perfect
The only thing I was sorry for was that I didn’t double the number of ingredients!
Thank you so much for the recipe.”
Potato Bourekas Recipe : Easy & Quick
Potato bureka ingredients:
- 2 Cups white flour (sifted)
- ½ Cup vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ Cup A cup of boiling water
- 1 tbsp salt
For the stuffing of potato bourekas:
- 3 medium potatoes (peel then boil and mash)
- (250g) Farmer’s cheese
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg white
- Yellow shredded cheese (as much as you like)
Borek with potato instruction
- Combine all the ingredients together into a dough and knead it thoroughly, each ball of dough into a sheet, and divide it into balls of whatever size you like.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in a second bowl.
- Fold the other half over the cooled half of the dough. Spread the filling over the cooled half of the dough. Shape the dough with a cup or any other suitable tool.
- Then brush it with egg yolk and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake at 340°F (170°C) degrees for a few minutes.
Cheese bourekas recipe
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Cheese and Potato bourekas recipe is a part of our Breads & Bakery series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!
looking for more interesting recipes?
Take a look at our Originals; Tried and tested recipes