Danish Dough Recipe
“The best recipe you can find for cheese pastries—all made from yeast dough!”
Original Recipe Author
What’s better than having warm pastries on a lazy afternoon with a cup of tea? The right answer is nothing!
If you’re craving some baked goods, our Danish dough recipe here is perfect for croissants, pastries, etc. The best part is, it’s pretty easy to make, even if you’re not a veteran baker!
Danish Dough Recipe
- 2 lbs. flour (1 kg)
- 2½ tsp. dry yeast (10 g)
- 1¾ sticks butter (soft (200 g))
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups lukewarm water (amount might change to need)
- 9 oz. quark creamy soft cheese (strained (250 g))
- 9 oz. farmer cheese (250 g)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins and craisins
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Grab your mixer bowl and put all the ingredients in it. Knead them well until they form a smooth dough. It should be soft and easy to work with rather than sticky.
- Let the dough rise for an hour, or until its volume is doubled.
- Grab a baking pan and line it with parchment paper, then form the dough into your desired shapes.
- Let the dough rise again for 25 minutes. Then, brush it with egg yolk.
- Put the baking pan in the oven at 350°F (180°C) until the pastries turn golden.
- Put all the filling’s ingredients in a large bowl together.
- Mix all the ingredients well until they’re combined and smooth, then move on to the next step.
- Grab a small pot, then put two cups of sugar and one cup of water.
- Put the pot on low heat and start mixing the sugar with the water until it dissolves.
- After 10 minutes, add a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice to the sugared water.
- Let the mixture cook on low heat for 10–15 minutes
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Danish Dough Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!