Deliciously rich and sour taste. a Must try Eggplant salad recipe!
Baking Enthusiast & Original Recipe Owner
Our love for eggplants is indescribable, and a good eggplant salad recipe will always have a warm place in our hearts and a spot reserved on every dinner table, and now in your next one too!
A wonderful cubed eggplant and red pepper salad with a rich yet gently sour taste, loads of herbs, green, and everything that’s great and tasty.
An incredible eggplant salad recipe that will definitely be the star during mealtime and have everyone reach for it first, bonus: it’s super quick to make!
A true delicacy worth every second spent preparing it, enjoy this salad today.
Why This eggplant salad Recipe Is a Must-Try
What You’ll Need To Make Eggplant Salad Recipe
- Eggplants. They come in different sizes and shapes. Go for medium-sized, slender, and shiny eggplants as they are less bitter and have fewer seeds. Also, ensure that they have a smooth surface and bend easily
- Harissa. While optional, it can transform your salad from good to great. Although there are some store-bought options, a freshly-homemade one is most suitable. It is simple to make by blending together red chilies, garlic, oil, and acid of your choice (vinegar, lime, or lemon juice)
- Cumin. Enhances the flavor of the salad. Besides, cumin has numerous benefits, including anti-inflammatory effects, anti-cancer properties, anti-oxidant, lowering cholesterol, and aiding digestion
- Salt to taste. It also helps to remove excess moisture from the eggplant. It enhances the breakdown of the fibers in the eggplant for a creamy texture and taste
- Vinegar. Brings out a savory flavor in the recipe
- Garlic cloves. Garlic is a must-add ingredient in eggplant dishes. Add it chopped or grated
- Chopped parsley or cilantro for garnishing
- Fresh red bell pepper. Cut them into cubes. They add crunchiness and freshness to the salad
- Cooking oil for frying the eggplants
Deliciously Rich Eggplant Salad Recipe
- 2 eggplants (medium, shiny)
- 1 tbsp Harissa (less is optional)
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Salt by taste
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 handful Chopped parsley or cilantro
- Fresh red pepper (cut into cubes)
- Wash the eggplants and dry them, cut them into strips and then into cubes
- Toss the cubed eggplant with salt and let it drain in a colander for about an hour to two
- Spread drained eggplant over kitchen paper towels. Press to wipe away as much salt and liquid as possible
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium or medium to high heat
- Fry the eggplant cubes until they get a nice golden color
- Then, remove from the heat and drain the excess oil
- Season with a Harissa, cumin, and salt to taste
- Next, add the vinegar, chopped or grated garlic, and chopped parsley or coriander
- Cut red bell peppers into cubes and add them to the rest of the ingredients. You may add vinegar to taste (optional). Mix all the ingredients well
- Serve cold or at room temperature. You can make this salad a day ahead since the flavor is even better the next day
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Eggplant Salad Recipe is a part of our Appetizers Series, CLICK NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!
- Adapted from: Ziona Kahlon – Original Recipe Owner