“Soft and legendary texture with a rich flavor”
Original Recipe Author
Do you want to stand out from the crowds with a unique dessert? Meet our creme caramel pudding, also known as flan!
This is a classical dessert, often forgotten, that’s known for its silky texture, rich taste, and luxurious caramel sauce.
The fun thing about creme caramel is that, to this day, its history is disputed! That is, nobody knows who it belongs to or what cuisine exactly!
The French, English, and Spanish all claim to be the creators behind this splendid dessert. However, tonight, it’ll be just us, you, and the ingredients in the kitchen trying to create creme caramel pudding.
Ready? Let’s begin!
Creme Caramel Pudding | Flan
- ¼ gallon milk (1 L)
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1½ tbsp. vanilla sugar
- Start by mixing the milk and sugar in a pot on medium flame until the sugar dissolves and the milk is boiling.
- Whip the eggs (whites and yolk together) with the vanilla sugar, then add the milk on top and stir again.
- To make the caramel, add a cup of sugar to a pan or pot and heat it up until it turns into a brown liquid.
- Drizzle the caramel into the baking pans.
- Pour the mixture on top of the caramel.
- Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C) and bake regularly.
- Place the flan inside a pan full of water until its top hardens. This can take about 20–30 minutes.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Creme Caramel Pudding | Flan Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!