“Gluten-free walnut and layered coffee cream delicacy!“
Original Recipe Author
A layered cake always looks so sophisticated, and it can make any dinner table look elegant. As it turns out, it’s so easy to whip a layered cake at home and impress your guests.
The truth is, mouthwatering desserts don’t always have to be bad for your health.
With a brilliant nut combo, this gluten-free coffee and walnut cake recipe will make you question why people bake with wheat flour anymore!
Let’s dig in with three layers of airy cake paired with three layers of heavenly coffee cream!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE
THE Coffee and Walnut Cake Recipe:
- To get perfect layering on a cake like this, you can use an adjustable cake slider after baking the cake in a regular round pan.
- Alternatively, you can split the batter equally between three 22 cm (8 in.) pans and use each one to build a separate layer.
- Next, let’s see what ingredients you need to make this coffee walnut cake recipe!
“This cake is excellent. I make this for my family not just in Passover but throughout the whole year.“
Flourless Coffee and Walnut Cake Recipe
For the cake mix:
- 6 separated eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar (10.5 oz/300 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (~ 10 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar (~ 10 g)
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts (5 oz/150 g)
- 1 cup ground walnuts (3 oz/80 g)
- 1 cup ground almonds (5 oz/143 g)
- 1 cup ground coconut (3.35 oz/95 g)
- ¾ cup grated dark chocolate (3.5 oz/100 g)
- 1/4 cup flavorless oil (2 fl oz/60 ml)
For the coffee cream:
- 2 cups whipping cream (or dairy-free whipped cream) (17 fl oz/500 ml)
- ½ cup instant vanilla pudding powder (3 oz/80 g)
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar (1 oz/30 g)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (0.17 oz/5 g)
- You can use any of the following for decoration:
- ¾ cup dark grated chocolate (3.5 oz/100 g)
- 7 candied pecans (oz/200 g)
- Chopped walnuts
- Maple syrup
Once you get all the above ingredients ready, jump right into the recipe with these 12 simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 338℉/170℃
- Beat the egg whites alone
- Gradually, add sugar, vanilla sugar, and baking powder while whisking
- Mix in the yolks, nuts, chocolate, and oil
- Grease the baking pans with a few drops of oil
- Pour the cake mix in and bake for 30-35 minutes (20-25 minutes if you split the batter over three pans)
- Let the cake cool while you prepare the coffee cream
- Whip the cream, vanilla, instant coffee, and powdered sugar
- Cut the cake into three layers using the adjustable slider
- On a serving sheet, alternate between cake and coffee cream layers, finishing with cream on top
- Refrigerate overnight to hold the layers in place
- Garnish with your topping of choice right before serving
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This chocolate cake recipe is a part of our Dessert Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!