Gluten Free Coffee Walnut Cake Recipe
“Gluten free coffee walnut cake and layered coffee cream delicacy!“
Original Recipe Author
A gluten free coffee walnut cake always looks so sophisticated, and it can make any dinner table look elegant. As it turns out, it’s so easy to whip a layered cake at home and impress your guests.
The truth is, mouthwatering desserts don’t always have to be bad for your health.
With a brilliant nut combo, this gluten free walnut cake recipe will make you question why people bake with wheat flour anymore!
Let’s dig in with three layers of airy cake paired with three layers of heavenly coffee cream!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE
THE coffee gluten free walnut cake Recipe:
- To get perfect layering on a gluten free walnut cake like this, you can use an adjustable cake slider after baking the flourless walnut cake in a regular round pan.
- Alternatively, you can split the cake batter equally between three 22 cm (8 in.) pans and use each one to build a separate layer.
- Next, let’s see what ingredients you need to make this coffee walnut cake recipe!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Coffee and Walnut Cake Recipe
What can I use instead of coconut?
You can substitute every part of the coconut in this coffee walnut cake recipe with about four parts of ground almonds.
Do I need to use baking paper?
Yes, lining the inside of the pan with baking paper reduces the chance of sticking and helps you get a smooth surface.
Do I have to separate the eggs before mixing?
Yes, in this recipe, you need to make the most out of the individual characteristics of egg whites. It’s extra work, but it pays off in the end with fluffy cake layers!
How can I keep this recipe gluten-free?
The nut mix in this coffee and walnut cake recipe is what keeps it flourless and gluten-free. While natural nuts are gluten-free, we recommend double–checking the labeling on the package
“This gluten free walnut cake is excellent. I make this for my family not just in Passover but throughout the whole year.“
Gluten Free Coffee Walnut Cake Recipe
For the walnut cake mix:
- 6 separated eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar (10.5 oz/300 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (~ 10 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar (~ 10 g)
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts (5 oz/150 g)
- 1 cup ground walnuts (3 oz/80 g)
- 1 cup ground almonds (5 oz/143 g)
- 1 cup ground coconut (3.35 oz/95 g)
- ¾ cup grated dark chocolate (3.5 oz/100 g)
- 1/4 cup flavorless oil (2 fl oz/60 ml)
For the coffee cream:
- 2 cups whipping cream (or dairy-free whipped cream) (17 fl oz/500 ml)
- ½ cup instant vanilla pudding powder (3 oz/80 g)
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar (1 oz/30 g)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (0.17 oz/5 g)
- You can use any of the following for decoration:
- ¾ cup dark grated chocolate (3.5 oz/100 g)
- 7 candied pecans (oz/200 g)
- Chopped walnuts
- Maple syrup
Once you get all the above ingredients ready, jump right into the coffee walnut cake recipe with these 12 simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 338℉/170℃
- Beat the egg whites alone
- Gradually, add sugar, vanilla sugar, and baking powder while whisking
- Mix in the yolks, nuts, chocolate, and oil
- Grease the baking pans with a few drops of oil
- Pour the cake mix in and bake for 30-35 minutes (20-25 minutes if you split the batter over three pans)
- Let the cake cool while you prepare the coffee cream
- Whip the cream, vanilla, instant coffee, and powdered sugar
- Cut the cake into three layers using the adjustable slider
- On a serving sheet, alternate between cake and coffee cream layers, finishing with cream on top
- Refrigerate overnight to hold the layers in place
- Garnish with your topping of choice right before serving
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
“Must say this is one of the tastiest cakes I have eaten.
I chose to make it in a round pan without instant coffee and cream due to the lack of space in the fridge,
it came out juicy and tasty.”
“I made coffee walnut cake as dessert last Passover, and the guest couldn’t stop talking about it! Excellent recipe!”
Dikla Edri Shmil
“After trying it, I can wholeheartedly say – the most delicious gluten free walnut cake ever!”
“Made coffee walnut cake last year, and I’m certain I’ll make it this time around as well. Incredible cake!”
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This chocolate cake recipe is a part of our Dessert Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!
Leave a Reply