“A cake that’s soft, juicy, and blooming with divine earthy flavors!“
Original Recipe Author
Nothing radiates earthy tones like poppy seeds. They bring this nutty aroma that can freshen up any afternoon.
And the taste? Just out of this world.
Thankfully, this poppy seed cake recipe with coconuts and vanilla is just the right dessert to put this theory to the test.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE
Classic Coconut Poppy Seed Cake:
- For this recipe, you’ll need a 24 cm (9 in.) baking pan. Silicone, aluminum foil, or stainless steel are all acceptable bakeware materials.
- Get out your shopping list and jot down the ingredients you’ll need to make this poppy seed cake!
“This is a great cake and very easy to make. I also added chocolate cream on top. Super tasty!“
Classic Coconut Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar (7 oz/200g)
- ¾ cup sour cream Or orange juice ( for Cream7 oz/200g – for Juice 8 fl oz/240 m)
- ¾ cup flavorless oil (6 fl oz/180 ml)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (3.35 oz/95 g)
- 1 cup ground poppy seeds (5 oz/145 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (10 g)
- 1 cup flour (4 oz/120 g)
- 1 teaspoon l vanilla extract (0.17 fl oz/5 m)
Here’s how you can make this poppy seed cake in 10 simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 320℉/160℃
- Beat the non-separated eggs at high speed for one minute
- Gradually add the sugar and keep beating at high speed for 5 minutes
- Check that batter consistency is airy
- Turn down the whisk to low speed and add the oil gradually
- Pour the sour cream (or orange juice) while whisking
- Add the flour, baking powder, ground poppy seeds, vanilla, and shredded coconut
- Mix gently till the batter is homogeneous
- Grease the baking pan with oil and pour in the poppy seed cake mix
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
Substitution Tips and Tricks
- If you are allergic or just don’t like the texture of shredded coconut, you can replace it with equal amounts of ground almonds.
- However, we wouldn’t recommend substituting or replacing the baking powder. It’s essential for this poppy cake recipe.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Classic Coconut Poppy Seed Cake recipe is a part of our Dessert Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!